Ana was interviewed yesterday for Le Quotodien, the daily tournament magazine of Roland Garros. The following is a reproduction of the question-and-answer session:
1. What’s your favourite word?
Ajde, which means “come on” or “let’s go” in Serbian. I say it to myself a lot on the court to stay energised.
2. And the word you hate?
My coach would like for me to never say “I can’t”. I’d have to say I agree with him.
3. What’s your favourite music?
I’ve been listening to a lot of Serbian music lately.
4. And music you don’t like?
I don’t really care for folk music.
5. What do you look for in a guy?
It’s the little things. And he has to be a real gentleman.
6. And in your women friends?
The same thing – that they’re considerate.
7. What do you love in life?
When I’m on court and can feel that the crowd is behind me, cheering me on. The adrenaline rush is incredible.
8. What do you try to avoid in life?
Mean, petty, selfish people. I’d love to just wave my hand and make them disappear, to never have to deal with them, but sometimes it’s unavoidable.
9. What’s your best characteristic?
I think I’m very determined, but also very hard-headed.
10. What’s your biggest flaw?
Well, being stubborn isn’t always a virtue.
11. Who is your favourite TV character?
I love Friends so I’d say Rachel Green (played by Jennifer Aniston). But when I’m on tour, I’m usually watching Revengeor Modern Family.
12. What’s your favourite swear word?
I try not to use them (laughs)!
13. What’s the most important thing for you in your life?
My family. I know I can always count on them.
14. What’s your biggest fear?
To face injustice, or someone who’s mean just for the sake of it.
15. What would you like for people to say about you after you die?
That I was an honest person, that I always tried to look for the silver lining. And I hope people will say that I was a great tennis player (laughs), even if there are more important things in life.